Monday, August 13, 2012

Meg: Size 8 (Now with a close up picture of my butt!)

end of June 2012
Truth be told I have been rocking the size 8's for just over a month now (It was like an early birthday present from my body to my brain when I slipped those bad boys on - and yes, I totally danced inside that tiny little dressing room!)

I think one of the best feelings of being smaller than your intended goal is that feeling of accomplishment. My size 12's from April-May are pretty loose, (I still wear the shorts because it's all I have right now to get me through the next couple weeks of summer), but I am officially in mediums and a solid size 6/8.

The 1200 calories/day and 3 hours of exercise a week have done my body well. I have avoided alcohol on almost every occasion (expect special events and when there may or may not have been a need for smashing coconuts - only Melody will get that) and my splurges can literally be counted on 2 hands. That's not too shabby for 9 solid months of "dieting" and only reaffirms it's not a get thin quick diet, it's a lifestyle change.

So how did I do it? The old fashioned way with hard work and a little elbow grease. I still have a few more pounds to go (10 or 20, I haven't really set my ultimate goal) and have finally decided it's time to start a diet. Hey, I want this weight gone now, thank you very much! I've established healthy eating habits, now it's time to kick fat's ass.

Over the last year I have learned a lot about diets, nutrition, and fitness. I have a better understanding of how bodies work, especially my own. Stay tuned next time when I tell you about my new diet. (Teaser: I just completed my first week and broke my scale "plateau" on the 3rd day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment