Monday, April 23, 2012

Melody: Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

My first REAL post!! With pictures and everything. Professionalism at its finest.

My goal for this blog will be to create a new recipe or food idea every week and post it here on Mondays.  I’ll be writing to let you all know all of the pros, cons, and overall experience with it.

This week I’ve been craving Italian. So, I talked Hubby-to-be (HTB) into making pasta sauce with me from scratch, though, we cheated and used half-canned tomatoes and half fresh. HTB was happy to have an easier cooking project for our Friday night. Unfortunately for him the sauce was just the preparations for this post’s project.

We ended up making Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, and it was delicious.

I cut the squash in half-length wise, de-seeded, and boiled them for 20 minutes. I also sautéed some mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and garlic then I scraped out the squash noodle-ness, combined all ingredients and stuffed them back in the squash and topped all with our marinara sauce.

While I am a vegan, my HTB is the not. Not even close. So, looking at the positive I’m glad I get to share my vegan cooking adventures while still making them more appealing to those who prefer some meat or other animal products in their meals.

So here’s our first Monday Meal for you all. This is HTB’s. Mine is the same just minus the meatballs and butter/mayonnaise on the garlic bread.

Overall, this was fairly easy to make not counting the sauce. If you don’t pre cut your veggies there is plenty of time to dice them up and cook ‘em while the squash is boiling. On a plus note keeping the veggies in the squash shell allows them to stay hot longer. I’ve found that with spaghetti squash you don’t have much time before it gets cold. The meal was super delicious and incredibly healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment