Thursday, April 5, 2012

Breakfast Time!

Cereal 110 calories, milk 40 calories + 1/3 banana
I never used to eat breakfast. Never. I mean, I love breakfast foods (french toast, waffles, eggs, bacom, breakfast sandwiches, hashbrowns, breakfast burritos, etc...) and I would still jump at the chance to go to brunch but as for waking up and eating food. *blech* I don't usually get hungry until after 1:00 PM.

And for the record, I don't even wake up and drink coffee. Although there were those two days I tried. But that's another story for another time.

So for 4 months now I have committed to eating breakfast within an hour of getting our of bed. Give or take of course. But despite the fact that I have been doing it religiously now the stupid habit still hasn't gotten any easier.



For the first 3 months or so I would wake up and grab a protien shake. You know, one of those 200 calorie, processed, vitamin loaded canned things (I'm looking at you Slimfast) and as far as I was concerned, it sufficed. At least I was consuming something.

In March I made a commitment to actually eat breakfast; you know, the kind with actual food that you put on a plate or pour into a bowl. Ha! I'm not great at it (sometimes I will just grab fruit and string cheese, other times it's a protien bar, but hey...whatever get's that metabolism going, right?)

Anyway, I picked up a box of the Kashi GoLean cereal and I'm now on my second box! And today, I added bananas!I was really craving banana bread and this totally hit the spot.

Moral of the story: I love that I am looking forward to breakfast finally. It's still not enough to get me out of bed faster but at least it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment