Saturday, October 20, 2012

Meg: Chipotle Chicken Bowl

One of my favorite low calorie, incredibly filling, and über tasty dine out meals is the chicken bowl at Chipotle. The fresh ingredients ensure that every dish is flavorful and packed with only the best stuff.

Organic, grass fed, locally grown, blah blah blah aside there is honestly something there for everyone. Even my vegan friends love all of the options available!

You can check out the calorie counts online or in store. A meal without drink will set you back about $7.00 but it's guaranteed to fill you up or feed you for at least 2 days.

My chicken bowl is made with: Brown rice, (no beans), chicken (although sometimes I will get the steak), mild salsa and extra lettuce.

Occasionally I will order my sour cream on the side.

By omitting the beans and cheese I save a couple hundred calories. Same goes for the tortilla.

The estimated calories for my bowl range between 500-600 and I always walk away full. Balanced with 2-3 200 calorie meals throughout the day it is my all time favorite plan and I look forward to it at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment