Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wedding Wednesday

There is no motivation like the motivation of looking good in a wedding dress.
This past weekend I traveled down to Orange county to share in the experience of dress shopping with some of my loved ones and future loved ones. It was everything I thought it would be and more. Of course, what is the whole wedding experience without a little stress? I had booked my appointment at a David’s Bridal salon in the South Coast Plaza location only to find out there is no appointment for me. I always thought I would be a cool headed bride (don’t we all?) but my nerves were already hyped up from excitement of dress shopping and seeing family and when I heard I did not have an appointment I nearly wanted to cry. All I kept thinking was I wouldn’t get another chance to try on dresses with anyone. My Hubby bear and I live in Fresno California 4-6 hours away from our family down in beautiful southern California. Turned out whomever I had booked my appointment with over the phone had scheduled me for a different location in Orange. We arrived at the David’s Bridal in Orange and only a few people were there so there was still a consultant available to help. I’m pretty sure I got the best one too. She was so attentive and even helped with a veil dilemma I was facing. Future Hubby Bear likes the traditional long veil and I prefer the birdcage. She showed me a way to incorporate both, and I could not be happier.

I found my dress and while I love it (and it brought a tear to my mother’s eye), I am just not completely satisfied with my weight. This will be my dream gown when I have reached my goal. I am halfway there and now have 4 months to lose the rest before my first and possibly only, fitting. So I am going to post a picture of me in the dress for my “before” picture. Since our blog is still relatively new I do not think its going to ruin the surprise for many people who are coming to the wedding, and I doubt Billy even knows what a blog is.
 
 
 
Wanting to lose weight is one thing, but a plan is how you get there. I am going to re start The Jillian Michaels 30 day shred challenge. I’m hoping by charting it through this blog I will be able to stick with it. My first day will be the 10th. I’m going to take a couple days and restart level one, and on the 10th I will move up to level two. My goal is to do 15 days of level two and move on to the second half with level 3. I’ve very excited. I even bought a workout tank top that says “Bride” for that little extra push.

No comments:

Post a Comment