Monday, May 7, 2012

I am not your tissue

A large part of this blog is about being healthy. Part of being healthy is not coughing on people. Yes, I’m talking to you woman-who-knows-no-personal-space-behind-me-in-the-grocery-store-and-seems-to-have-forgotten-how-to-cover-her-mouth!

Someone get me a personal shopper!


So, last night I made the most awesome Shepherd’s pie. Vegan style.

And it was delicious.

I unfortunately wasn’t thinking and built it upside down. I forgot the mashed potatoes go on top and meat and veggies go on the bottom. That’s why there is a sad little dollop on the top there.


My “modern” shepherd’s pie. Apparently.

I have recently discovered cauliflower mashed potatoes, and am head over heels in love with them! Its just boiled cauliflower… mashed. Last night I added some vegan sour cream (one of the few vegan substitutes I actually like) but honestly, I prefer them with just a little salt and pepper. I had gone to the store, saw all this vegan “meat”, and thought I bought ground meat, but it was in fact sausage. I didn’t even like sausage when I did eat meat. I am also not the biggest fan of peas. I’m working on it, but its taking some time. So for the vegetables I used carrots, onions and corn. Sautéed and then I had one vegan Boca burger left and used that for the meat. And it was all served in half a bell pepper.


I’m sure you can tell by now I love serving food in food. It’s for no other reason than feel it will help with the clean up process.
I also added more mash. 'Twas amazing!

Overall. Taste was AMAZING! I’m definitely doing this again. It was a bit of work. I roasted the bell pepper; had to sauté the veggies, boiled the carrots, and corn, and boil/mash the cauliflower. I don’t think it is any more challenging than the real shepherd’s pie, but if you have the time I would recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment